We are offering a slimmed-down version this week.
- This past week we’ve seen what may be the largest political assassination attempt and the most deadly anti-Semitic attack in our country’s history.
- In nine days we have the opportunity to use our most powerful weapon to change the course we’re on – our vote. If we don’t vote, we get a government that serves a moneyed minority, not a civically engaged majority.
Because of these two things, the message this week is simple:
- Be kind to each other. Even though our leaders divide us, we have the power to unite us through acts of kindness, big and small, every day.
- Vote. Help others vote if they need it. Help a campaign that shares your values (canvass, make calls, donate, etc). 9 days to go.
TUESDAY – October 30
- Debate with Dr. Rob Davidson and Bill Huizenga, 7-8:30 PM, Lakeshore Middle School, 900 Cutler St. Grand Haven MI
WEDNESDAY – October 31
- Blue Wave Wednesday, watch the Facebook feed on Wednesday morning for who the spotlight candidate is for the week and donate! Any amount is ok.
- Newaygo County Wednesday Canvass & Phonebank for Dr. Rob Davidson, 5:00 pm, Newaygo County Dems Office 26 W. Main St. Freemont MI 49412
THURSDAY – November 1
- Grand Rapids Get Out the Vote (GOTV) Canvass – Whitmer and Candidates, 2935 Buchanan Ave SW
SATURDAY – November 3
- Cathy Albro Road Rally – Cathy and her team will be driving around the 3rd district this Saturday. 37 stops are planned to cover 450 miles in all five counties in the district. It’s expected to take 13 hours. Cathy wants to be a representative for ALL of the 3rd district and does the work to prove it. Come out and see here and follow her all day Saturday on social media.
On the Horizon
- General election! – November 6
- Indivisible Greater Grand Rapids Happy Hour – November 11
- Grand Rapids Pride Festival – June 16
- Evening Reception with Winnie Brinks and Congressman Dan Kildee – June 18
Other Ways to Get Involved
-Volunteer for the One Michigan campaign. (field organizers are Riley or Jason) The office is at 2935 Buchanan Avenue SW More information is at: https://michigandems.com/onecampaign/
-Blue Wave Wednesdays
-Adopt-A-Day (to work on a campaign)
-Need To Vote (notecard writing): https://www.needtovote.com/write-notecards…